SMI’s high precision mechanical components department has historically been the first nucleus from which the current structure and se-up has been formed. The initial activities of the company’s high precision manufacturing workshop gave SMI a fundamental imprinting: Constant research and development to satisfy the very diverse requirements of customers. To offer a rational and effective answer to this mission, SMI has pursued severe targets composed of continuous investments, implementing and targeting its growth in different directions:
- The high professional training of the staff, not only in terms of knowledge and technical expertise in relation to the various machines, but who also knows how to follow the customer in all phases of the project, from initial design consulting in order to identify the best possible applicable solution.
- Technological innovation systems, machinery and equipment, for a perfect alignment with the adoption of the most modern solutions in the field of applied mechanics, complete study of equipment to satisfy complex orders until their completion and down to single components.
- In-house manufacture in all the stages of the production process, thus permitting the customer to refer to only one figure only for his complete project, even in case of complex projects, besides the possibility of undertake rigorous quality controls during manufacture.
- The synergistic integration between the various departments, creating an efficient internal production network to meet delivery times, resulting in cost benefits for the client, with the same desired quality.
- The development of a logistics integrated center, in which a vast stock of raw materials and machines is available for quick utilization, offers the best response to frequent Just-in-time requests.
- The creation of a system of partnership and trust with external certified and referenced suppliers.
Today, SMI’s machining department of high precision components presents itself on the market as an absolutely reliable partner for quality, for semi-finished products, individual components, assembled products, regardless of size, complexity or customizations.